Disclaimer:

I take no responsibility for the things that happen to yourself or your equipment as a result of your actions. The following information is provided as a record of my own experiences and nothing more.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Switch Plate Part 1

Today I attempted engraving switch plates. Why? They're dirt cheap. You can pick up a few plastic ones for less than a dollar. Turns out I already have some. If your feeling rich and fancy you could also get some wooden ones for a whopping 5-10$ each. I picked up one just to try. In addition to carving way deeper than I intended you'll notice they're off center but still potentially better looking than they were before. I started by drawing a template for each plate so I knew where the holes were. Then I used stylish picture fonts that I converted to polylines and split up. The only issue was I whether or not the template was accurate. As you can see It wasn't, so back to the drawing board for part 2. Not sure It's worth the time though. Part 2 to come as soon as I get it right. I'd love to hear your comments. What do you think ye or nay?

No comments: